Download the following tools, designed to help you better explore the stars.
Monthly Star charts
These charts will help you find stars and constellations in the night sky – a great tool for naked eye observing.
Download full year (2.7Mb PDF)
Use one of the templates below to construct a simple planisphere. This tool can help you to identify stars and constellations. Its inner disk can be rotated to display the visible stars for any time and date.
- For latitudes between 25°N and 40°N
- For latitudes between 40°N and 50°N
- For latitudes between 50°N and 70°N
The Diptych Sundial is more complex and sophisticated in its form. Diptych sundials were portable, and as such they were often seen as stylish accessories (much like a fancy watch would be today). This activity is best suited for older children, teens, and adults.
- View all programs at the Canada Science and Technology Museum
- View other programs related to Exploration and Surveying, Space