- 2 potatoes
- White paper
- Washable, non-toxic paint
- Tray or dish for holding paint
- Sharp knife (for an adult to use)
- Small metal cookie cutters
- Cut a potato in half.
- *Adult help is required in this step! Press your metal cookie cutter into a potato half. Leaving the cookie cutter in place, cut about half an inch (1 cm) around the cutter. Remove the excess potato, then remove the cookie cutter. You should now have a raised design in the same shape as your cookie cutter.
- Let your potato air dry for a few minutes, or dry it yourself with a cloth or paper towel.
- Use a paintbrush to colour the shape on your potato, or dip your shape into a very thin layer of paint on a tray or dish.
- Stamp your design on a piece of blank paper.
- Try out different patterns, shapes, and colour combinations!
Share your creation! #IngeniumCraft
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- View all programs at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- View other programs related to Food, Agriculture