- 1¾ cups (425 ml) buttermilk
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups (425 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of salt
In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
In another large bowl; mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently whisk to combine without over mixing.
Preheat a waffle iron.
Once ready, add some batter onto the waffle iron.
Cook the waffles until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve warm with maple syrup.
The waffles will also keep warm in the oven at 300°F (150°C).
Store leftover waffles in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.