Lazy weekend brunch is even better with this delectable blueberry sauce. It’s the perfect topping for pancakes, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, or ice cream!
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch, dissolved in 1tbsp of water
- Combine the blueberries, honey, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and stir for two to three minutes.
- Lower the heat to a gentle simmer. Add the dissolved cornstarch and continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken, about two to three more minutes.
- Remove from heat once you’ve reached your desired consistency. Let the sauce cool slightly before serving.
- Store the remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. The sauce will thicken overnight. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
Note: This sauce is so versatile! It can also be made with a blend of raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.