Ice Cream in 4 Easy Steps
- 115 ml (1/2 cup) of 10% cream
- 10 ml (2 tsp) white sugar
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- One small Ziplock™ sealable plastic freezer bag
- Two large Ziplock™ sealable plastic freezer bag
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of salt
- Approximately 1 l (4 cups) of ice
Pour the cream, sugar and vanilla in the small plastic bag and seal it up tight.
Place the ice, salt and the small plastic bag in the doubled large plastic bags and seal it tight.
Shake the bags for about 5 minutes.
It might help to wear mittens as the ice is very cold.
Take out the small bag and rinse it off to make sure the salt water does not enter the bag.
And voila! Your cream mix is now ice cream.
Vanilla Ice Cream (with ice cream maker)
- 500 ml (2 cups) of 35% whipping cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) of sugar
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) of 2% milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of vanilla extract
Mix the cream and sugar together and microwave so that all the sugar dissolves.
Add the milk and vanilla extract to the mixture.
Pour the mixture in the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.