Enjoy this simple, flavourful, and healthy soup!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola or olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 28 fl oz (796 mL) can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 19 fl oz (540 mL) can of white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions. Stir and cook until translucent and soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the carrots, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth.
- Add the garlic and herb seasoning, and white kidney beans. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the spinach. Simmer until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum