- Paper plate
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn
- Cut the paper plate in half to form two semi-circles.
- Place both halves together, aligning the straight and rounded edges.
- Punch holes along the rounded edge (if your hole punch doesn’t cut through both layers, punch holes on each half separately, making sure the holes will align).
- Position both halves so that the bottom of the plate faces outwards. Thread the ribbon through each set of holes to create the basket.
- Allowing enough excess ribbon to create the basket’s handle, tie ends of the ribbon together.
- Trace or freehand draw your favourite fruits and vegetables on paper. Get creative — you might choose to draw bananas, celery, grapefruit, carrots, and more!
Optional: decorate your basket.
- Cut out your paper produce and place it into the basket.
- Hang the basket as a decoration, or use it to play pretend!
Share your creation! #IngeniumCraft
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum