- 12 mushrooms, stems removed and chopped finely, keeping caps intact
- 1 cup (250 mL) pre-boiled wild rice
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh sage, thyme or rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) beer or white wine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) Awazibi maple syrup
- cheese of your choice (feta, old smoked cheddar or goat cheese)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a cast iron
pan. Add onions and cook until soft. Add mushroom stems and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
Add the beer or wine, as well as the wild rice. Let simmer until liquids are
almost fully reduced. Add maple syrup and fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture and cover with cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.