- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml)of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cream of tartar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) food colouring (orange, yellow or red)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly using a wooden spatula.
- Continue to stir until the dough thickens and a big ball forms. It should be smooth and no longer sticky.
- Remove the dough from the pot and allow to cool until it can be worked by hand.
- Knead the dough until it’s all mixed together.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum