Fill your kitchen with the wonderful smell of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg as you bake these fluffy cookies.
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) white sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 mL) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the molasses and egg.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture along with the milk.
- Blend thoroughly but do not overbeat.
- Drop cookie dough with a spoon on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Yields approximately 24 cookies.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
At Your School