- 1 cup (250 ml) quick rolling oats
- ¾ cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 ml) diced peaches
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until just combined. Add the diced peaches.
Spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Using an ice cream scoop works very well.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
Yield: Approximately 16-22 cookies.