This sweet and zesty salsa is quick and easy to prepare.
- 4 to 6 plum or Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow and/or orange)
- Half of one medium yellow onion
- 28 fl oz (796 mL) can of peaches or 4 fresh peaches
- ¼ cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot pepper (optional)
- Place the diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Finely chop the bell peppers and onion, then add them to the bowl.
- Dice the peaches without peeling them, then add to vegetables in the bowl. Stir the mixture with a large spoon to combine.
- Add the finely chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together until well combined, then serve with tortilla chips.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- View all programs at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum