Recipe courtesy of the City of Nanaimo, B.C.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (European style cultured)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ¼ cups graham wafer crumbs
- ½ c. finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup coconut
Melt first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler.
Add egg and stir to cook and thicken.
Remove from heat.
Stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts.
Press firmly into an ungreased 8" x 8" pan.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. and 2 Tsp. cream
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla custard powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
Cream butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well.
Beat until light.
Spread over bottom layer.
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.