The delicious flavour of pure maple syrup shines through this dessert.
For the cake:
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
For the maple glaze:
- 1 ¼ cups (310 mL) icing sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat a Bundt pan with butter or cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the softened butter and brown sugar with a hand-held mixer. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup and the milk, mix until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, then mix until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the butter mixture slowly. Stir using a rubber spatula or the hand-held mixer, just until moistened.
- Pour the batter evenly into the Bundt pan.
- Bake until the edges are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it onto a rack.
- To make the glaze, add the icing sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake once it is completely cool. Cut, serve, and enjoy!