This granola is delicious on its own or served over yogurt and topped with fresh fruit.
- ½ cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola, grapeseed, or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) large flake oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chia seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) raisins or dried cranberries (or a mix of both)
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh fruit of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the large flake oats and the chia seeds, then stir well to combine everything, making sure the oats are fully coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning over the oat mixture halfway through the baking time.
- Once the granola becomes lightly golden in colour, remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely before adding your toppings, such as the pumpkin seeds, raisins and/or cranberries. Break the granola into pieces.
- Spoon granola over yogurt, then top with fresh fruit (if desired). Enjoy!
Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.