Sweeten your morning with these delicious muffins, flavoured with maple syrup and cinnamon.
For the muffins:
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (180 mL) milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and the brown sugar until smooth. Add the milk, maple syrup, and Greek yogurt and whisk until well combined.
- Add the egg and the vanilla, then beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, without overmixing.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins
Please note: If making 24 mini muffins, reduce the baking time by half.
- View all programs at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum