- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (375 m) applesauce
- 2 packages (170 g) of Jell-o (any flavour)
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) unflavoured gelatin
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
Line a 9 x 13 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large sauce pan, combine all the ingredients (except 1/3 cup of sugar).
Let stand for one minute then bring to a boil over medium heat.
Stirring constantly, boil for 1 minute.
Pour into the prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm.
Remove from pan and place on a cutting board.
Sprinkle with a small amount of granulated sugar over the top of the gumdrops.
Cut with a cookie cutter or hot knife into desired sizes.
Dip individual gumdrops into remain sugar and set aside on parchment paper.
Store in an airtight container.