No cookie spells “party” like a funfetti cookie! Filled with rainbow sprinkles, these sweet cookies are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) rainbow sprinkles
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the sugar and softened butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the sprinkles using a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop rounded balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, being careful not to overbake! Cookies are done when the bottoms are slightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 24 cookies
Tip: Chilling the dough will keep the cookies from over spreading in the oven.