- 6 slices of white bread
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 mL) raisins or chocolate chips (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Tear the bread into small pieces and place in the baking dish. Drizzle melted butter on top and sprinkle with raisins or chocolate chips.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
Stir the ingredients until well combined.
Pour mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until the bread is covered and soaking in the egg mixture.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Cut and serve when it’s still warm.