Did you know pathogens can be tracked unknowingly onto farms on the soles of boots or shoes? Introduce your students to the subject of farm biosecurity and the risks of rapid disease transmission with this Biosecurity educational activity kit.
Through energetic games, teamwork activities, and artwork created with their feet, students:
- gain an understanding of what biosecurity is
- recognize biosecurity signage and procedures
- learn about the potential for rapid disease transmission on farms
- determine ways disease outbreaks can be either prevented or prepared for
- discover how diseases are transmitted through direct, indirect, and airborne contact
This fun-filled educational activity kit was developed by the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum.
- View all programs at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- View other programs related to Food, Health & Wellness
- View other programs for: Grade 5 - Grade 12 (Ontario) or Elementary Cycle 2 - Secondary Cycle 2 (Quebec)