- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain Greek (or plain or vanilla) yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely shredded zucchini (squeeze in a paper towel to remove excess water)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Remove from heat, stir in cocoa powder and sugars.
The mixture will be thick and resemble sand.
Add the yogurt and vanilla extract.
Stir until smooth.
Add the flour mixture, stirring until moist.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until almost set.
Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes or until cookies are firm.
Remove cookies from sheet and cool completely on wire racks.