- 4 cups (1 litre) spinach leaves
- 2 cups (500 ml) basil leaves
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola or olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1,25 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1,25 ml) pepper
In a food processor or blender, place the spinach, oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Blend until smooth, for about one minute.
Stir until well combined and serve with your favourite pasta or fresh zucchini noodles (made with a spiralizer).
Store the pesto in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or freeze.