- 2 cups (500 ml) red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 small turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 jicama*, peeled and chopped (substitute with water chestnuts or radishes if needed)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup (125 ml) oil (canola, sunflower or olive)
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) pepper
Place the prepared vegetables in a large baking dish. In a small bowl mix together the rosemary, salt, and pepper with the oil.
Pour this over the vegetables, toss them so that they are well coated.
Bake the casserole in a 400°F (200°C) oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender when poked with a fork.
*Jicama is an edible tuber originating in Mexico. It has a crisp, slightly sweet, starchy taste. It can be eaten raw or cooked.