- 3 cups (750 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) oil (canola or sunflower)
- 2 cups (500 ml) canned pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 ml) raisins
Preheat the oven to 190°C (325°F).
Grease a fluted tube pan and put it aside.
In a bowl, sift the first 8 ingredients.
In another bowl, beat the eggs until light, add sugar, corn syrup, oil and pumpkin and beat until thoroughly combined.
Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the liquid ingredients all at once and stir until well-mixed.
Add the raisins and combine well.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove from pan after 10 minutes and let cool on a cake rack.
The bread will slice more easily if stored at room temperature for at least 8 hour.