McCormick-Deering Farmall “F-14” Row Crop Tractor

McCormick-Deering Farmall “F-14” Row Crop Tractor

Current Location:

Collection Storage Facility

History:

The Farmall “F-14” was introduced in 1938. A more powerful version of its predecessor, the Farmall “F-12,” the F-14 could pull a two-bottom plow. It also featured adjustable spacing for its rear wheels and high clearance. The F-14 allowed farmers to easily attach and use a wide range of implements, making the tractor suitable for all types of field crops. More than 27,000 F-14s were built between 1938 and 1939. The first Farmall tractor appeared in 1924, the first all-purpose row-crop tractor. McCormick-Deering was a brand of the International Harvester Company (IHC). IHC formed in 1902 with the merger of McCormick Harvesting Machine Company, Deering Harvester Company, and three other smaller manufacturers. IHC began using the McCormick-Deering trademark in 1921.

CAFM
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Artifact No.
1989.0004
Manufacturer
International Harvester Company
Manufacturer Location
Chicago, Illinois
Manufacture Date
1938-1939
Acquisition Date
1989