Linn Tractor “626E“

Linn Tractor “626E“

Current Location:

Collection Storage Facility

History:

The Linn tractor was a heavy-duty civilian half-track or crawler tractor. First manufactured in 1916, it was designed to haul large loads in road-less areas. It was produced in various models designed for specific uses — pit mines, construction sites, dam projects, and so on. Linn tractors, like this one, were used during the construction of the Island Falls hydroelectric project on the Churchill River in northern Saskatchewan between 1928 and 1930. A team of twelve Linn tractors transported thousands of tons of supplies over rough terrain to the remote dam site.

CAFM
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Artifact No.
1983.0380
Manufacturer
Linn Manufacturing Corporation
Manufacturer Location
Morris, New York
Manufacture Date
1925
Acquisition Date
1983