This festive, non-alcoholic cranberry drink is refreshingly delicious! Rim your glass with sugar to add a decorative and flavourful touch!
For the drink:
- 2 cups (500 mL) cranberry juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) ginger ale or sparkling water
- Juice of one lime
For the cranberry sugar on the glass:
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 lime, cut in half
For the garnish:
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Lime slices, thinly cut
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry, apple, and pineapple juices.
- Add the ginger ale or sparkling water. Squeeze in the lime juice and give it a stir. Set aside.
- Make the cranberry sugar to rim the serving glasses by adding the cranberries and the sugar to a blender or a food processor. Pulse a few times until the cranberries break down and the sugar turns pink. Pour the sugar on to a small plate. Rub the rim and the outer edge of the glass with a lime wedge. Place your glass upside-down into your plate of cranberry sugar, then roll the glass around to ensure the entire outer edge is coated.
- Wait a few minutes for the cranberry sugar to harden, then pour the juice into the center of the glass being careful not to splash the rim.
- Add ice cubes, then garnish with cranberries, a few thinly cut lime slices, and a and a sprig of rosemary, if you wish.
Note: If there is any cranberry sugar left over, keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.