- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 of a cup (85 mL) of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (185 mL) of milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (60 mL) of melted butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) of raisins or dry dates
In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, brown sugar).
In another bowl, beat the egg with all the liquid ingredients (milk, pumpkin puree and melted butter).
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and quickly stir all the ingredients together.
Pour muffin mix in a greased muffin tin.
Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F (200°C).