- ½ cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) canned pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 2 1/3 cups (575 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) ground ginger
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- ¼ cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 ml) cream cheese
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups (1,125 ml) confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a whoopie pan.
In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl; mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Add the pumpkin purée and the buttermilk to the mix and stir until combined.
Drop onto the baking sheet using a small ice-cream scoop.
Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Spread the cream cheese frosting between 2 whoopie cookies and enjoy.
Makes 12 whoopies or 24 mini whoopies.