Take time to relax and unwind with this soothing, aromatic tea.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh ginger root
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 tsp (0.6 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey (to taste)
- Measure the water into a pot.
- Peel, then grate the ginger (exposing as much surface area as possible will make for a more flavourful result). Add to pot.
- Boil for seven minutes for a more subtle flavour, and up to 15 minutes for a bolder ginger taste.
- Remove from heat, then strain the ginger from the water.
- Add the lemon juice, cinnamon, and honey to the water, then stir until well combined.
- Pour into your favourite mug, and enjoy!
Please note: Prepared tea can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. It can be enjoyed cold or reheated throughout the week.