This granola is delicious on its own or served over yogurt with fresh fruit.
- ½ cup (125 mL) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canola, grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3 cups (750 mL) large flake oats
- ½ cup (125 mL) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) raisins or dried cranberries (or a mix of both)
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh fruit of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the honey, oil, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and salt. Add the large flake oats. Stir well to combine everything, making sure the oats are fully coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning over the oat mixture halfway through the baking time.
- Once the granola becomes lightly golden in colour, remove from the oven. Let the granola cool completely before adding your toppings, such as the pumpkin seeds, raisins and/or cranberries.
- Break the granola into pieces. This granola is delicious eaten on its own or served over yogurt topped with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum