- ½ cup (125 ml) honey
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 mL) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Lightly grease a cookie and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream honey and butter together.
Add the egg and vanilla.
Mix until smooth.
In another small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Pour dry ingredients over butter mixture and stir using a rubber spatula just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonful’s on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack.
Yield: Makes 24 cookies.