- ½ cup (125 ml) honey
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a cookie and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream honey and butter together. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients over butter mixture and stir using a rubber spatula just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful’s on the cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack.
Yield: Makes 22 to 24 cookies.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
At Your School