- ½ cup (125 mL) honey
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream honey and butter together. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients over butter mixture and stir using a rubber spatula just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop rounded balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for nine minutes or until the edges are golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes before transferring onto a rack.
Yield: 22 to 24 cookies.