With just a handful of ingredients, this delicious overnight mustard recipe is a snap to prepare!
- 1/3 cup whole yellow mustard seeds (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup boiled water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of paprika
- First, soak the mustard seeds in water in a small jar overnight.
- Drain the seeds using a fine mesh colander.
- Mix the soaked seeds with the boiled water in a large glass measuring cup.
- Add the vinegar and mix.
- Add the salt and remaining spices.
- Pour the mustard mixture into a small blender and grind until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the prepared mustard into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use. The mustard can be stored in the fridge for over six months.
Please note: Fresh prepared mustard is pungent. Refrigerate the mustard for 12 to 48 hours before eating, to allow the flavours to blend and mellow.