This festive recipe is sure to please tomato and basil lovers everywhere!
- 6 to 8 medium ripe tomatoes, diced and seeded
- ½ cup (175 ml) chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup (175 ml) finely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) canola or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your baguette into pieces and place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush each piece with canola or olive oil. Toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they’re crisp and golden on top. Let them cool on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic and balsamic glaze. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the toasted slices of baguette to a serving platter and top with bruschetta.
- Serve and enjoy!
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
At Your School