- ¾ cup (175 ml) butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) peppermint extract
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) crushed candy canes*
- ½ cup (125 ml) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a baking sheet.
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time then add the vanilla and peppermint extract and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl; mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until just combined.
Drop onto the baking sheet using a small ice-cream scoop.
Sprinkle the tops of the dough with the crushed candy canes.
Bake in the oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies using a spoon.
Allow to cool and enjoy!
*Note: Place the candy canes in a sealed freezer Ziploc bag. Crush them using a rolling pin.