- 1 bag (750 g) cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Dash of pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) 18% table cream
Place all of the ingredients except for the cream into a large pot.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
Simmer until vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes.
Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!