- 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp. (155 ml) salted butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) ice water
- ½ cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- ½ cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 10 muffin cups and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in ½ cup of salted butter until large crumbles begin to form.
Add enough water to form dough, while stirring with a fork.
Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Whisk maple syrup, brown sugar, egg, remaining butter, and vanilla.
Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until about 0.5 cm thick.
Cut out ten 4 inch/10 cm circles, using a floured cutter or glass. Press circles into prepared muffin pan.
Fill cups evenly with raisins and sugar mixture.
Bake until dark golden, approximately 22 minutes, and let stand for 2 minutes before removing the tarts and placing them on a wire rack.
Let cool before serving.