Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae with strong antioxidant effects. Kick start your day with this nutritious, creamy smoothie!
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, frozen, cut into slices
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk (or any alternative such as oat, rice or soy)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) blue spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, taking care to seal the lid tightly.
- Blend on a high speed, until fully blended and smooth.
- Pour into your favourite glass and serve.
Yield: Five regular glass-sized servings.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- View all programs at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum