- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) apple cider
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Apple Cider Frosting
- ½ cup (120 ml) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) icing sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease mini cupcake trays or use mini paper liners.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Then add the apple cider, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter among paper-lined mini cupcake trays.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Make the frosting while the cupcakes are baking.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Makes: 42 mini cupcakes
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum