- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) apple cider
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Apple Cider Frosting
- ½ cup (120 ml) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) icing sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease mini cupcake trays or use mini paper liners.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a separate large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
Then add the apple cider, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
Divide batter among paper-lined mini cupcake trays.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Make the frosting while the cupcakes are baking.
Cool completely before frosting.
Makes: 42 mini cupcakes