What is the future of innovation in science and technology? How do we govern it to build a better society?
These two questions underpin Curiosity on Stage, Ingenium’s thought leadership series on contemporary issues of national and international importance. We bring together leaders from private industry, academia, and government to discuss new and emerging technologies that are making a difference in Canada and around the world.
The Museum’s mission is to help further the spirit of innovation across Canada, one that is broad and inclusive – encompassing both technological and social innovations. With Curiosity on Stage, we are working towards that vision, one inspiring and thought-provoking conversation at a time. Curious?
Curiosity on Stage is built upon two separate but complementary speaker series united under a common theme “Tech for Good”.
The evening speaker series is targeted at adult audiences and focuses on topical, potentially divisive issues of national and international importance. Events are bilingual, catered, and feature multiple presentations and an opportunity for open discussion. Tickets ($10, or $7 for members) must be purchased in advance.
Themes for 2019-2020
- Living in the Machine Age: The world we live in is increasingly automated, digital, and “smart,” as technological innovations extend into every aspect of life. Explore progress, prosperity, and the changing world of work in a time of brilliant science and pioneering technologies.
- Medical Innovations: What is the future of medicine? The medical field is innovating at an incredible pace. Revolutionary advances in detection, treatment, and care will not just treat disease, but increasingly prevent it. Live healthier. Live longer. Dream of eternal life.
- Designer babies (February 27, 2020)
- New kids on the blockchain (April 30, 2020)
- The next pandemic (May 28, 2020)
Want to suggest a topic or a speaker? Email us!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeted at family audiences, the Saturday speaker series brings leaders from scientific and technological fields into contact with the next generation of innovators. These short, interactive presentations bring you face-to-face with researchers and innovators. Each Saturday at 1pm, a featured speaker delivers an engaging presentation or demonstration followed by an interactive Q-and-A session. Curiosity on Stage invites you to learn directly from people working in the science and technology-related fields. Find out what they do and why it matters – and leave inspired by their stories of curiosity, overcoming obstacles, and innovation. Attendance is free with the price of admission.
February 29, 2020 - Alicia Gal, Carleton University - Sports engineering
March 7, 2020 - Oren Petel, Carleton University - Impacts and X-rays - A look inside helmet testing
March 14, 2020 - Medical Curiosity, University of Ottawa Medical School - Medical Curiosity - CPR
March 21, 2020 - Jesse Rogerson, Canada Aviation and Space Museum - Mars!!!!
April 18, 2020 - University of Ottawa Medical School - Medical Curiosity
April 25, 2020 - Rees Kassen, University of Ottawa - Grammar of the Genome