OTTAWA, Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - The Canada Agriculture and Food Museum is excited to host the second annual Baconpalooza. This event celebrates the best of what bacon has to offer and features some of the city’s hottest food trucks as well as local beer and cocktails, cooking with bacon demonstrations by Food Network Canada Chefs Lynn Crawford and Corbin Tomaszeski and live entertainment! Media are invited to capture visuals and speak with Museum spokespersons. Baconpalooza is presented by LiVE 88.5 and sponsored by The Albion Rooms, The Fireplace Center and Patio Shop and Seed to Sausage.
- Friday September 9, 2016 (7 p.m. to 11 p.m.) – Bacon Bash
- Saturday September 10, 2016 (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.) – Sizzling Saturday
- Sunday September 11, 2016 (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) – Bacon, Bourbon & Bands
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, 901 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa
- 9 different bacon-themed items by NeXT Restaurant at the Bacon Bash
- Live cooking demonstrations by:
- Chef Lynn Crawford and Chef Corbin Tomaszeski from the Food Network Canada
- Chef Mike McKenzie from Seed to Sausage
- Chef Michael Blackie from NeXT Restaurant
- Chef Steve Mitton from Murray Street
- Unique bacon-inspired goodies to purchase from our Market vendors
- Local craft beer and cocktails
- Bourbon and bacon demonstration
- Live music by 7 local bands
- Local food vendors serving specialty bacon dishes
See the full schedule of activities here.
*Note that not all activities are offered every day of the festival.
Media are asked to RSVP to Caroline Boutin at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
The Museum celebrates Canada’s unique agricultural heritage and future. Explore the sights and sounds of farm life through animal barns, exhibitions, treasures from the collection, hands-on activities and food demonstrations. The Museum is located on the Central Experimental Farm, a 425-hectare crop research station and National Historic Site, just minutes from Parliament Hill by car and steps from the Rideau Canal, the Ornamental Gardens and the Dominion Arboretum. For more information please visit cafmuseum.techno-science.ca.