Developers across the country are encouraged to have some fun with data from the Museums’ unique collection. Delve into Canada’s scientific and technological achievements and mash up everything from the iconic (Bombardier’s first snowmobile) to the innovative (Rudolph Koenig’s sound analyzer) to the downright weird (cheese moisture tester).
This data set includes all artifacts in the collection of the
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
These artifacts represent the products and processes of all areas of science and technology, including
- non-renewable resources and industrial design
- physical sciences and medicine
- renewable resources, including agriculture and forestry
- transportation, including land, marine, and aviation and Space flight
The data set is available in XML, and includes images for almost every artifact in the collection. Subject subsets are provided.
A data dictionary and tips are available to help you understand how this set is structured, and how to interpret it.
You can also search Ingenium’s open data CKAN search portal.
This data is released under the Government of Canada Open Government Licence