The Governor General’s Foot Guards Band is an authorized Canadian Forces 35-piece brass and reed band. It consists of serving members of the Canadian Forces Primary Reserve who parade on a part-time basis. It may be augmented by Associate members who formerly served the Regiment.
Conducted by Lieutenant Stefan Sikorsky, the Band performs at a variety of military and community events throughout Canada’s Capital Region. It has also toured throughout Canada and around the world.
The Governor General’s Foot Guards Band formed in 1872. Many of its members at that time were from the Band of the Ottawa Brigade of Garrison Artillery. Its first performance was on June 15, 1872, under the baton of John C. Bonner, the first Director of Music.