The Canada Aviation and Space Museum is developing a new exhibition about air traffic management, and needs your help.
The Museum is looking for family photos, past and present, which highlight Canadian’s experiences with air travel. Baby’s first airplane flight, family reunions in airport arrivals, looking out windows at busy runways—these are all examples of the types of images the Museum hopes to present.
Eyes on the Skies will open onsite at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and a travelling version of the exhibition will tour throughout the country.
- Photographs must illustrate Canadians’ relationships with air travel.
- Photographs must have been taken in Canada.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to submit photographs.
- Photographs must be digital; jpeg files with at least 300 dpi that do not exceed 10 MB.
How Your Photograph will be Used
Your photograph may be included in the Eyes on the Skies exhibition on site at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and/or the itinerate version that will travel across Canada. It might also be included in other publications and marketing materials related to the exhibition. If your image is used, you will be credited as the image provider (meaning that your name would appear on the image).
- You warrant that you own the copyright to the photograph, and that is does not infringe on any copyright restrictions.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the photograph does not infringe on the right to privacy and right to publicity of any persons appearing in the image. This means that you have received consent from all persons in the photograph to submit it for use by Ingenium – Canada’s Museums of Science and Innovation (which includes the Canada Aviation and Space Museum). This includes consent from parents or guardians for any children under the age of 18.
- You agree to allow Ingenium to use this photograph as part of the exhibition, in the travelling version of the exhibition, and in any other publications, social media or marketing material related to the exhibition.
- You understand that you retain the image copyright; Ingenium does not have exclusive rights to the photographs that are submitted.
- You understand that Ingenium is not obligated to display the provided photograph(s), and reserves the right to select which photographs will be used.
- You agree that Ingenium staff may contact you should they have any questions about the image you provide.
- Your email address will not be disclosed to other parties or used for purposes to which you have not given consent.