You are invited to enter our Gingerbread House Contest for Families. Bring us your uniquely decorated gingerbread house for your chance to win a special prize! All gingerbread houses will be displayed and judged during our Holiday Magic Programming from December 26th to January 5th. Visitors will be voting in four separate categories and each winner will receive a special prize.
1st Category: Most Original
Prize: Gift Card to Michaels Craft Store ($65 value)
2nd Category: Most Festive
Prize: Family Board Game Gift Basket ($65 value)
3rd Category: Most Delicious-Looking
Prize: Landmark Cinemas Gift Card ($65 value)
4th Category: Overall Favourite
Prize: A one year Family Membership for Ingenium ($125 value)
Rules and Regulations
- Houses will be judged on creativity and overall look. Winners will be contacted by email and announced on our website on Friday, January 10th, 2020.
- Only one house per family will be accepted. The size of the Gingerbread House is to be no larger than 18 in x 18 in x 18 in (45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm).
- Registration is free. All participants are required to fill out the attached entry form.
- Entry forms must be dropped off with the gingerbread houses at the museum’s admission booth on Prince of Wales Drive from Wednesday, December 11th to Sunday, December 22nd between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Please note: the museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays – no drop off on those days)
- Participants must pick their houses up at the museum the weekend of January 11-12, 2020 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The houses will be disposed of after that time if not picked up.
- The museum is not responsible for damage or loss of entries incurred while in our possession, although every reasonable care will be taken with each entry.
- Employees of Ingenium can participate but are not eligible to win a prize.
Get the family together and start building! Have fun creating your special project.
If you have any questions please contact Jamie Reardon at 613-230-2770 ext. 2006.