Welcome to the Canada Science and Technology Museum’s STEAM bingo!
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics. For this bingo activity, we offer you a series of challenges at the intersection of two disciplines.
For each challenge, take time to think creatively about how you would solve this problem. Use materials that are available to you. They too will influence how you face the challenge at hand. The challenges are open for anyone to try; each of you will tackle them with your own imagination and experience. Remember there are no right or wrong solutions, but we have provided links to inspirational projects to get you started if needed.
We suggest that you approach each challenge by:
- Understanding its goal: What does your creation need to do? What are the problems you might encounter?
- Brainstorming ideas: Talk, write, or draw them if you want, then choose one as your first possible solution.
- Building your prototype: Make a rough creation that fulfils the challenge. It will likely change as you go.
- Testing it: Does it work how you thought it would? Can you make it better? Do you want to start over with a new idea?
Have fun, use your creativity, your critical thinking, and a good dose of perseverance to come up with solutions to our challenges.
Discuss with us or your family:
- Which was your favourite challenge and why?
- Was it hard or easy, and why?
- What did you learn while doing the challenges?
- If you were to do a challenge again, would you do it the same way or differently?
Showcase how you tackled the challenges. We want to see both your successes and your less successful attempts.
Feel free to ask us questions!
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics. We offer you a series of challenges at the intersection of two disciplines. This video shows an overview of the museum guides’ take on a few of the challenges.