This recipe was developed by Bernardin executive Chef Emerie Brine.
Makes a tasty gift item!
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Each: ground allspice & cloves
- 3/4 lb (340 g) assorted unsalted nuts – almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecan halves, peanuts
- 3 x 236 ml Collection Elite Mason Jar Storage Pots & 2-piece SNAP Lid® closures
- Combine butter, honey and spices. Add nuts and stir to thoroughly coat; spread onto greased cookie sheet. (Blanched nuts with outer brown skins removed work best)
- Stirring every 5 minutes, roast coated nuts in 325ºF (160ºC) oven, about 15 minutes or until evenly roasted.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely. Pack nuts into jars and apply lid and screw band tightly.
TIP: Make sure that you use the freshest nuts in order to get the best results.
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
At Your School