- ½ cup (125 mL) butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup (125 mL) white sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar (firmly packed)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) molasses
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. (7.5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in molasses and egg.
Stir in pumpkin puree.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Gradually stir in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture along with the milk.
Blend thoroughly but do not overbeat.
Drop cookie dough with a spoon on greased cookie sheets.
Bake for about 12 minutes.
Let cool before serving.
Yields approximately 3 dozen cookies.