- 2 cups (500 ml) old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose white flour (or 1 cup all-purpose white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) whole berry cranberry sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Butter and line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper letting it hang over two sides.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Use your fingers to rub in the butter until everything is moistened.
Spoon three-quarters of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Press down firmly forming an even layer.
Spread the cranberry sauce over top forming an even layer.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining oat mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the bar is golden on top.
Let cool in the baking dish.
Lift the parchment paper to remove the bar.
Cut into squares and enjoy!