Students explore the characteristics of light using ray boxes, mirrors, lenses, prisms, and filters. They discover the fundamentals of reflection, refraction, colour, and perception, and have fun using paint and light to compare and contrast additive and subtractive colour theory.
This bilingual Edukit consists of five modules:
- Light and Vision — With activities like “How do we see?” and “Do we really see light?”, explore the physics of light and conduct experiments to better understand its properties.
- Reflection and Refraction — Explore reflection and refraction through hands-on experiments with lenses and mirrors to better understand light.
- The Properties of Light — Explore the visible spectrum and experiment with colour theory. Activities include an introduction to the colours of the rainbow, mixing up white light, interference patterns, and lasers.
- The Nature of Colour — Explore and experiment with colour theory in a number of ways.
- Visual Perception — Pull everything together and explore human interaction with light through activities using spinning colour wheels, illusion, and perception.
- Hodson ray box
- student ray boxes
- green and red laser pointers
- lenses, mirrors, and prisms
- laser mazes
- colour filters
Additional Information and Learning Aids
- extensive manual for teachers, including background material, templates, and lesson plans for activities
- laminated photos of light phenomena and optical illusions
- colour transparencies to support activities
- packing guide
The Edukit comes in a sturdy case on wheels.
Dimensions: 63 cm x 49 cm x 35 cm (25" x 20" x 14")
Weight: 27 kg (60 lbs.)
$129 for four weeks (includes outbound shipping and handling)
To reserve this Edukit, call 1-866-442-4416 (toll-free in Canada).
For more information, contact email@example.com.